Sunday, February 19, 2017

Goodbye...

I've found myself lost
I've found myself lost in you
In trying to find myself
Somehow, I found you
And so, I never really found me
Because I was so concerned about you
So, I'm lost all over again
And to mine own self, not being true
It's a hard place not feeling you know
Just quite who you are inside
Yet knowing that's where the spirit resides
It's just the thought that knowing you have lots to give
And yet you can't because you've barely lived
You ask and ask and ask more of me
And I'll be the first to deliver to you the best
but having this feeling my love won't be reciprocated
And so my soul just can't rest

Just where did you come from?
Why did you choose to come and wreck my life?
Because before you entered it
I was doing just fine... I was doing just fine!
My life wasn't perfect at all
But I know exactly what I had and was content
And now you pull on my heart strings until I fall
But I just can no longer live with it
My heart is in pieces to even mumble the words
That with everything I've learned to love you so much
But I have to be the first
To say that my mind, my body nor my spirit can love you as such
You're no good for me
And the truth is, you've never been
But I know if I don't walk away now
Now, will never come again...
       So, I'm turning and walking away somehow
       Goodbye my love, my heart and my heartbreak...

No comments:

Post a Comment