Monday, February 20, 2017

You Are Me... And I Am You...

This life, so precious
This life, so fragile
Father, for You I'm so gracious
For creating me in the image of your child

     Thank you for this beautiful heart
     Which earnestly beats for You
     As my flesh desires this worldly love
     My soul constantly longs for You
     Because out of all of the love in the world
     I have discovered Your love as truth.

     Thank you for the air that I breathe
     There's nothing like the fresh breeze upon my face
     Although we pollute and spoil this gift
     You forgivingly extend to us grace
     Knowing this will never be my home
     I'm so thankful for the experiences of this temporary place.

     Thank you for the blood
     Which so richly paid for my ridiculous sin
     Thank Jesus it runs through my veins
     It freely flows now, just like it did then
     My Savior's suffering breaks my heart's content
     But I celebrate in the joy of knowing my faults are now forgiven.

     So Im thankful that I have experienced my flesh
     It's wretched acts have awakened You inside of me
     The sin of my spirit, mind and body may spread wide
     Yet I know that You are forever with me
     Being bound forever with You is the greatest treat
     And from You I will never flee.

     Thank you, Father, that You saved me
     From total disgrace and damnation
     To confess that you are my eternal Savior
     Through your son, Jesus, who came to save the nations
     You are my every word, thought, tear and emotion
     And I can't wait to be with You for eternity, from the resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment