Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lust's Burn

What ever happened to us?
We were so full of lust
Just beginning to trust
Again, yes again
For you, I had a crush
For a second, it felt like love
But we were foolish to rush
Into something that was more than enough

But at the wrong time
I miss your touch
Your hands caressing my face
Putting my mind into another place
This was always the case
My heart racing at an uncontrollable pace
Toxic, but I would chase
Something that was so out of place
For my character was one of grace
Not lustful and sex crazed

Damn those lips though
Take me to places I need not go
In your arms things seemed under control
But everything felt so wrong in my soul
I knew my answer should have been no
But you kissed me once and my heart turned to gold
Maybe it was tarnished, because I couldn't hold
The pain that came to my heart from lust's scold
Everything felt so good
Except the death that came to me when I said yes, knowing I should have said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment