Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Insecure Heart Rush...

What can he possibly see in me?
He says I'm so beautiful
But I feel so ugly
He clearly doesn't see what I see
This has to be but only a dream
Because I've been hurt before
Tarnished and burned
I said the last lesson of love
Was enough lessons learned
Because I keep ending up on the wrong side of the tracks
It was charming looking forward
But deception looking back
I'm mean and can be rude
He says those are lies
Says I'm witty and funny
Baby, that's just a disguise
To hide all of my insecurities
Not for a second can I lie
I fell madly in love with a man
And when we married, our love died
But when I look at you
I'm ready to fall
But I'm so scared that you'll hurt me
And we'll be nothing at all
Is this the curse and the lie
The enemy wants me to believe?
That I' such damaged goods
So much nobody will love me?
It's foolishness, I know
To believe it all
But it doesn't cease the nervousness
When I feel my heart fall
There's nothing more that I want
Than to be wrapped up in your arms
Fall asleep to your heartbeat
And never sound the alarm...

No comments:

Post a Comment