Monday, September 7, 2015

The Unraveling

You were so original
Yet so common
And I was caught off guard
You had perfect timing
But I've been trying to figure you out
Since the moment you opened your mouth
Really, who are you?
Because I'm starting to have my doubts
You're looking like everything but what you claimed
Everything but what you claimed to be
And maybe I would understand
If you weren't becoming those things to me
Words hurt, you know?
Especially when they're not filled with truth
It's like claiming you're a fruit tree
And yet, you bare no fruit
I just have to know why
Why you chose to even look my way
Why you even invited me to into your life
Why you chose those words to say
Man, I thought our friendship meant something
Truth is, it meant the world to me
But now I can't look at your face without sulking
And more each day, you become nothing to me
But the glory here is it's your life
It's not mine
And it's completely your prerogative
To keep going on, living a lie
But please take heed
Everything you reap is due to what you sow
And at the rate you're going
Nothing in your life will grow
Well, with the exception of your loneliness
And your sorrow
When you look back over your life
Maybe then, you'll know...

No comments:

Post a Comment