Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dear Future...

Dear Future,

I know you're right around the corner
But I just can't wait to tell you how I feel
I know you're the one that I've been waiting for
Just haven't yet appeared to capture my heart to steal
I do know that you're the one I've been praying for
And I don't mean for my own selfish needs
But I've been praying for so much more
Trust me, the magnitude you wouldn't believe
Constantly praying for your pure heart
Praying for your commitment to a marriage's infinity
So that our souls will never have the desire to part
And that you will forever have eyes for only me
Praying for your persistency
And that you'll pursue me all on your own
And that your strength is easily proven with consistency
That we have in common long walks, laughs and talking on the phone
Constantly praying for my strength too
Praying for my strong will to be submissive
And that I can be the most supportive person to you
And learn to not allow my attitude to be dismissive
You have no idea how much I love you already
I had in my mind what I would never do
But I'd readily carry and birth your baby
Because you'll be my equal and I'd do anything for you
You'll never hurt me like I've been hurt before
All of those bad memories will be long forgotten
I can't wait to see, for us, what God has in store
You'll already and finally be a dream...when we happen...

Love,

Your Future

No comments:

Post a Comment