Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Nothing More...

The day we met
I knew there was something special about you
And I promise my heart has tried to avoid the danger
I've seriously thought it through and through
But we've developed this bond
That's just not easily broken
When you look at me and smile
I can read the words in your head, unspoken
And maybe they should remain that way
Some things are better left unsaid
Maybe some things we just shouldn't say
And lead it to the imagination instead
But I'm so tired of dreaming
I just want to be your everything
To have your golden brown skin forever by my side
Would simply be amazing
But maybe I'm just fooling myself
A part of my heart knows we'll never be
Your life is just way too complicated
Too hard to just leave it behind and come to me
I realize that there are just some things that I can't ask you to do
But you've stolen a part of my heart
And I can't fathom separating myself
And being apart
Maybe this is all a fantasy
I just refuse to beg these things of you
I'll always love you my friend
Even though at the end, I know I won't be who you choose
You've brought me so much joy
And have put so much excitement back into my life
And we will forever be just friends
Because anything more would be a crime
I'm in love with living on the dangerous side of you
So much that my hearts gets sore
And even though I love you beyond words
We will never be anything more...

No comments:

Post a Comment