Monday, August 10, 2015

This Is My Story...

Some of the things I'm about to say
Many of you won't want to hear
Even thinking about it after the passed time
Still brings my eyes to tears
Beyond my greatest pains and sorrows
Still lies my greatest fears
Just the simple thought of seeing his face
And just coming near
But this is my awful story
No matter how happy I may appear

The touch of his hand
Which grazed my face
I know from a husband, it seems endearing
But there was no such thing in that place
A blow so hard to the head
That I lost all sense of space
But I would play nice and bring honor to him
Just to keep him from looking like a disgrace
This is my story
Even though I never left a trace

It's crazy because I loved him incredibly
More than anybody I've loved at any time
And yet this husband of mine couldn't resist infidelity
Ha! He did it so much, it should've been a crime
There were many nights of restlessness
Because emotionally, I was nowhere near fine
And then a sweet baby boy came
A sweet baby boy that belonged to him, but wasn't mine
It would appear that our forever story
Was simply running out of time

Who would've ever thought that when I said, "I do."
That this would be the shame I'd bring upon my name
No matter the number of chances I gave him
Nothing would ever change
The evil eyes he gave me while pinning me in a corner
And realizing the man I once dearly loved, would never be the same
Experiencing nights that I'd rather be dead and gone
Than to ever lie in bed amongst the lame
Yes, this is my story
Which once caused me so much pain

But thank God the story doesn't stop there
Places of beginnings are where oldies end
I finally realized the meanings of low valleys
And what the highs of the mountain tops meant
God placed me around so many people
But secured in my life a priceless friend
I was in a place where I was constantly losing
And yet surprisingly this sorrow was a win
This is the end of that painful story
But thank God it's not where my story ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment