Sunday, August 2, 2015

Undeserving & Overcome

Thought I knew everything about life
And then you came along
I realize now, I had no idea what I was doing
And I was getting it all wrong
Through my moments of silence with you
And praising you with sweet songs
Every time I encounter you
It's evident that you were what was missing all along

There are so many things that my flesh desires
Things that I know I can no longer keep
All of the horrible things that I've sown
I'm so thankful that you don't allow me to also reap
And knowing that I constantly tread in muddy waters
You come right behind me and wipe my feet clean
Oh your presence in my life
Is beyond all of the things I once considered to be so sweet

There's nobody else in my life who has meant so much
I'm dumbfounded daily to know that you chose me!
I'm nothing but a wretch and evil in my flesh
Yet you look beyond that and choose me!
I know exactly what you came here for
And yet at every opportunity, I nail you to a tree
I'm nothing! And I beg you to let me go
And you wipe my tears away and whisper that I'm worth the keep

Your touch is unexplainable...it's so rich
It's something in which I can never afford
And you love me more and more daily
Even on the days I pierce your side with a sword
I'm so unaware of what you see in me
And yet with every tear, to you I take a step toward
I'm guilty! I'm not worthy! I'm nothing!
But every single time, I'm overcome by your presence Lord!!!

     With all that I am, I thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment