Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bottled Up Feelings

I have all of these bottled up feelings
And I have to get them off of my chest
These feelings are just overflowing
But if I don't get them out I won't rest
You are forever on my mind
During the day, at night, even in my dreams
Why didn't I notice your spark before
When we were on the high school track team?
I don't know why things happen like they do
But I'm glad I ran back into you
And now a decade later
My heart wonders why I didn't consider you
I have all of these things
That I want to say
I don't know how this will come out
But I'm going to find a way
Like I love your big bold eyes
And how they stare back at me
They always have thoughts behind them
And yet they make me feel dreamy
I love that you're so intellectual
And that you read books all of the time
Especially, when you offer to read to me
With you, that's my favorite pastime
I love that you have a witty sense of humor
And constantly make me laugh
It calms me to think about it
When I'm feeling the urge of wrath
I love it most when you gently touch my face
Or when you teach me something new
It's the main reason
Why I'm so captivated by you
Your gentle kisses to my cheek
Is my favorite over all
They make me feel so special
Like I'm your favorite of all
Or how you give the best hugs
And hold my hand when we're laying
Do all of the things I love
When we're playing
I love it how you're such a gentleman
And how you're so good to me
All of these things
Are the reasons I dream that we will be
But I don't know the future
And I don't know what you're thinking
But I do know that I'm into you
And I think you are nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment