Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Standing Alone

Why you're so cold
I'll never know
But I can't take it anymore
I can't feel my toes
And my body's gone numb
You shut me out and left me in the snow
My heart can't handle this pain
I gave you everything
But have nothing left to gain
My thoughts are locked up in my brain
There is nothing left to say
You left me and now I'm going to do the same.

I loved you once
And I loved you real good
Yet some things were never really understood
Like how you told me you loved me
But you would never ever hug me
Where you're standing now is where I once stood....
Alone.

Why you're so angry
Played in my mind
Over and over all the time
And it always left me wondering why
I'd never ever press rewind
Because you never acted like you were mine
It hurt me so much
When you hit me, I'd had enough
I'm a tough girl, but I ain't that tough
You were so rough
I lost your trust
And now I'm through with your stuff.

I loved you twice
Even though I was scared
I wanted to leave, but wouldn't dare
Because of what I thought you'd do to me
Would you hurt me, curse me, kill me
I know it sounds crazy, but I'd rather be standing...
Alone.

Why you hated me so
I've always asked
Was it my intelligence, my beauty?
Or all the baggage from the past
I never knew
But I'm so glad we didn't last
This here was so unreal
Nobody will ever know just how I feel
Hurting me was like your life's dirty thrill
Had me thinking about popping pills
But instead, I took back my will
And I hope one day you feel every little thing I feel.

I loved you three times
Damn, I must've been crazy
To think that I could keep you as my baby
I'm through with your love
Never again want to feel your touch
This shit was too much, and you can remain standing...
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment