Monday, June 10, 2013

A Second Chance

I loved you once
And I'd love you again
If only I was given
A second chance
I think about you constantly
And I don't know why
As much as I want the memories to stop
I couldn't stop them if I tried
But there's a problem here
You don't see it like I do
No calls, no texts, you don't pursue me
Do you really not like me the way I'm digging you?
See, the hard part for me
Is that there's a history here
We were hot and heavy once
But then it all disappeared
But a few weeks later
You left me a surprise
And when I saw the test
Tears just fell from my eyes
What had I done?
What was I thinking?
I mean, I did what we did
Without even blinking
What was I going to do?
My heart was on the floor
You quickly moved on with your life
And didn't quite love me anymore
I was lost, I was crushed
At a loss for words
I couldn't do this on my own
Having this baby would be absurd
I never did tell you
Because you just didn't seem to care
And brining you and this baby into it
At the time, just didn't seem fair
So I did what I did
And the moment it was done
I realized I committed a crime
That could never be undone
I cried my eyes out
On that day and for years
I've never hated myself so much
I've never shed so many tears
Then the phone rang
And it was you on the line
Saying that you wanted to see me
And to come over that day, some time
And so I did, I came
You immediately wanted my body parts
But the sad thing to me
Is you couldn't see my troubling heart
So, I left that night
And I never looked back
And throughout the years
I would seldom keep track
Until one interesting day
We began to speak again
It felt like the best day in years
And I didn't want it to end
So now I'm stuck
Because it's easy to fall for you
My mind tells me what I want
But my heart says what not to do
I just want to know you
In a different way
I really want to know you
So I'll be brave enough to say
That I once loved you
And I'd love you again
If only I was given
A second chance

No comments:

Post a Comment