Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Broken Heart

In the late night hours
On a warm rainy day
When I've had a rough day
And I just need a laugh
When my brain is overwhelmed
And when my heart aches
When I just want to lay in the bed
I think about why you didn't stay

On the days that I smile
When my day is going perfectly
When nothing else matters
I see your face
When I'm on my run
Or when I take a picture
Every time I get ready to send a text
I think about why you didn't stay

Why did I have to fall for you?
Why did you choose to invade my life?
You have me looking like a fool
And crying out why

Why did I ever look into those eyes?
Why did we have this amazing spark?
I fell for all of those lies
And now I'm left with a broken heart...

When I'm surfing the internet
When I'm eating my food
When I'm drinking my beer
I still see you
When I think about going camping
When I take a ride to the lake
I suddenly begin to smile
And then my heart breaks

Because I fell for you
And I let you come into my life
Now you have me looking like a fool
And crying out why

I just had to gaze into those eyes
And we had this incredible spark
I fell for every single lie
And now I'm left here with a broken heart...

Trying to move forward has been so hard
Because you're always on my mind
Just when I think I've moved on
I rewind the hands of time
I've never missed somebody so much
I've never before fallen so hard
This feeling is incredibly insane
You completely stole my heart

Now, I feel nothing but pain
Because of all of the lies I told myself
Like you'd be around forever, even through the rain
And I could finally take my heart off the shelf
But it never works out
Love never works out for me
I wish you would've stayed longer, I wish you would've stuck around
But like the others, all you did was leave

Oh why did I fall for you?
And let you come into my life
I'm feeling like a fool
And crying out why

But when I gazed into those eyes
We had this everlasting spark
And I fell for all of the those lies
And now I'm left alone, with a broken heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment