Thursday, June 12, 2014

Love Do-Over

I look back over the years
And when I dry the tears
I spend the time to ponder
Why I have all of these fears
Fears of loving again
Afraid of being hurt again
All of these thoughts
That go into wanting to love a man...

I want the happily ever after
But it's the same thing I'm scared to go after
But I'd kill for the smiles, tears and joy
And I crave the laughter
The holding hands down the street
The little messages that are incredibly sweet
Just to have those things once in a lifetime
Would be the most amazing treat...

I've had the love that's messed up
I've had the love that's poor
I just want the love that's stuck
Can I just have a love do-over?

I've been hurt so many times
And I can't take anymore lies
I need the honesty, trust and truth
And I want your love that's only mine
I can't take getting smacked in the face
I can't spend time looking for you all over the place
I want what's mine to keep
And to feel comfortable sharing the same space...

I crave what lasts forever
I'd desire everything that you treasure
Just being a wife and a mother
Would be my pleasure
Just to be the love of your life
Your first and last wife
Nothing else would even matter
After our first married night...

Because I've had the love that's messed up
And I've had the love that's poor
But I just want the love that's stuck
So can I please have a love do-over?...

No comments:

Post a Comment