Monday, July 14, 2014

Not you, but him

Everything about you is perfect
You have everything that I want in a man
And you're doing everything you can
To show me that you want to be my man
As much as I care about you
I just don't know that I can
You're so amazing babe
But I only see you as a friend
And to be honest, I have my eye on another man.

It's not you, and it's not me
But when I wasn't looking, he caught my eye
And it happened to be at a time that my life was dry
But one night with him and he brightened my life
And as good as you are to me
I just can't pretend to be in love with you
You're such a great friend to me
But it's also the main reason I'm telling you this
It's just not you, but it's this other guy

If you knew this guy, you'd understand
He brightens my day and makes me laugh
He respects me and treats me with class
And I can't wait for the day that our lips crash
Yes, I know you love and care for me
But it's just not the same
I just can't string you along
You'll always be in my life
And I refuse to do you like that

I'm sorry, I never meant to break your heart
But I just have to give this a try
I can just see a future with this guy
And after what I've been through, I refuse to live a lie
You must understand, right?
I just have to do this for me
You know I love you
I just love you in a different way than you love me
I just have to do this right this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment