Monday, July 14, 2014

You Can't Come Back

You played the disappearing game
I played the chasing game
And once I realized you were gone
I couldn't even stand to hear your name
For weeks you made me cry
And left me no explanation why
I wanted to make sense of it, but I couldn't if I tried
But I never thought you would've been that guy
You had me thinking you were the man for me
But, man, I was just deceived
It happened so fast, I couldn't believe
You just left me with my heart grieved
So I let it go
Although my heart kept saying no
I couldn't make sense of something I didn't know
So I had to let you go
Yes, my heart was in pain
And even though I could, I didn't want to explain
That this man who I thought I would've carried his last name
Made me feel like my loving him was in vain
But you were gone
And even though everything about it felt wrong
And I cried over every slow song
But I was convinced that you and me together didn't belong
But to hear from you today
Felt like a slap in the face
Why did you have to say the things you said?
My life was just getting back to a normal place
You can't come back and say that you love me
After all of the promises you didn't keep
If you really loved me
Why did you leave?
No, please...don't even answer that
The facts are just the facts
You loved me and then played the disappearing act
So, no, I love you, but you can't have me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment