Sunday, July 20, 2014

Heartbroken

Man, where did you go?
Your absence from my life
Is stopping my heart's flow
And I knew something was wrong
When you lost your glow
I just thought you would make good on your promise
And never let go
I had gained hope of true love
But now, I'm just left with 'I don't knows'

I fell deeply in love with your heart
Although you seemed too good to be true
I completely embraced the spark
And even though there were red flags from your past
I chose to overlook that part
There were many women back then
But I believed I was your new start
You made all of these promises to me
Including that you would protect my heart

But you lied 
And you don't even act like you care
I would never let you know how much you made me cry
Not that I would ever have the chance
I just never imagined that you would be that guy
Who would shatter the dreams we dreamed together
Dreams of being the mother of your kids and being your wife
And as much as I hate you for it
All I desired was just more time

You made a fool out of me
It wasn't supposed to be like this
We were supposed to be a team
But you've hurt me more than anybody ever has
And it all seems like some horrible dream
I thought you were the love of my life
Or so it seemed
How can you go on like this
Knowing that you did this to me?

Just thinking of the days we spent
Memories make me fall in love
They make me fall in love all over again
You weren't just anybody
You had become my very best friend
But you played my heart
And it was severely bruised in the end
I never thought you'd leave me feeling this way
But you did....and I'm still heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment