Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Man's Pursuit

Can't you see who I am?
Don' you notice my worth?
Don't you know, I'm the greatest
Of my Father's female births?
He made me to shine
He made me unique
And if you noticed all of that
You would also know to pursue me.

I was not meant to chase
I was not meant to hover
Over some man who has other plans
Other than me, to discover
I was meant to be noticed
Not having to prove myself to you
I was made to fall deeply
But only if pursued.

I was made to stand out
Share my voice and cry my pain
I was made to receive love
And to give love that's not in vain
I was made to be a light
Amongst all things subdued
But my future can be much brighter
If only pursued by you.

The truth is, I could beg
But that's not living up to my worth
Plus I'm so much greater than that
Proven since the creation of earth
I was meant to be your's forever
Once your eyes laid on me from your view
Nothing will ever break our bond
But first, you must pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment