Sunday, October 20, 2013

Perfect First Date...

Nerve clenching moment 
With all of the anxiety built up
So excited, I have butterflies
And I can't get enough
Began prepping two hours ahead of time
All the pressure was tough
Left home feeling so beautiful
But now there's all the other stuff...

Then the nervous doubt creeps in
Like, what if I'm too tall?
What if he's not interested in what I have to say?
What if he doesn't think I'm pretty at all?
What if he doesn't show up?
And doesn't even call?
But then I take a deep breath and tell myself
"Just be you and don't stall.

Everything will be fine.
It's you he chose."
And then he entered into the restaurant
With a perfect long stem rose
My heart just melted
So joyful, I almost froze
But then he wrapped his arms around me with a hug
And I began to feel my toes.

The conversation was great
And he had the most gorgeous eyes
He was just so handsome
But not to my surprise
He was also so smart
And said things that were wise
This was going to be great
He gave all the right signs.

Three hours later
The first date nerves were gone
We said our goodbyes
And nothing had gone wrong
Now, hopeful for a second date
Hoping it won't be too long
But that night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face
Looking at my rose and listening to love songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment