Saturday, October 26, 2013

Over the Struggle

The say
Behind every good man
There's a good woman
But what if I'm not as good as I seem?
Out here searching for something
That's only temporarily gratifying
My body feels good
While my soul is dying
I got you thinking I'm an angel
While I really can't stand you
You wouldn't know
Because you're watching from a different angle
I'm out here gasping for air
From my heart being strangled
I have this lust inside my heart
Can't you see it in my eyes?
Thought you recognized it form the start
Or are you also in disguise?
Afraid of being judged
By all of the good guys
Or all of the good girls
Who don't even know we're barely getting by
But thank God for the Savior
Yes, I call Him my Saver
Because He dragged me out
From all of my sinful labor
I was headed towards hell
And would still be now
If He wouldn't have given me the courage to rebel
I thank my God everyday
From freeing me from my sin
I no longer feel like I'm trapped in a jail cell
I have the freedom to take a stand
To show my children
And everybody else that I can
Be a good woman
That stands behind my only man...Jesus!   

No comments:

Post a Comment