Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Confused Attraction

Why do we have a fascination with things
And why do we want to be around people
Who are just so wrong for you and me?
You're so beautiful, angelic even
And yet, you're an open flame
And I'm a tank of gasoline.

Together, we are just or could be a disaster
Together, we are just or could be a ball of fun
We'd just be so wrapped up in each other...laughing
Enjoying every minute we have together
Doing so many things so wrong for the both of us
But as sweet as salt water taffy.

The memory of your face is stuck in my head
Seeing your lips smile back at me
Looking at your happiness at the ice cream shop
Holding your hand and feeling so safe there
Thinking about how the smell of your cologn drove me crazy
Deep down inside I don't want the memories to stop.

But the truth is, I'm no good for you
And honestly, you're no good for me
But we both know we want each other desperately
Why do we attract so strong to each other
Why can't we just stay away from each other?
This has the potential of ending disastrously

I'm talking in circles, what does all of this mean?
I keep attaching to you, just from your call
You just have some kind of hold on me
And it scares me so
The fact is, we are simply bad for one another
Man, oh man, please somebody help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment