Sunday, May 5, 2013

Heartbroken...


I'm choked up and I can't even speak
Because of this ongoing thought of you leaving me
Oh wait! that did happen, how could you do that to me?
You took my love for granted like I was giving it away from free
I'm gasping for air, I can't even breathe
I never thought I would experience such cruelty
Especially from you...my love, a part of me
I loved you for you, why didn't you love me for me?
I can only imagine and dream
Of escaping and fleeing
From this heartache that is awful and excruciating
It's all still so hard to believe
That you could turn your back, walk away and leave
All you ever did was deceive
Weren't you supposed to cleave?
Yet I'm here all alone in a bucket of tears
With all of these memories and a life I'm trying to retrieve.

I do know that I'll survive and release the pain
And the tears on my face will eventually unstain
A better and more hopeful life I'll gain
And the memories of you will fade away
My life will be reframed
New people, grace and mercy will come my way
Yes! Yes! I know there will be brighter days.
The sun will appear and the rain will fade
The clouds will reform and turn white from gray
A new life for me is coming, yet I will remain the same
And someone will appreciate and be glad that I came....

Came to the reality that this won't last forever
There will be great and new endeavors
No we don't have to be together
For me to enjoy this change in the weather
And regardless of if you ever
Admit that you were wrong and not that clever
Just know that you did me a favor
By letting me fly away like a feather
For us to be done is for the better
And know that I will never
Make the same mistake again, no not ever!
And my heart will eventually beat normal and get better
All because you couldn't keep your promise to forever...

But I'm a survivor and won't be taken
By a fool or a snake and
When I make it through this I will proclaim, then
That my heart was once shaken
Because you were faking
And pretending to love me, yes I was forsaken
But my heart is now mended
And I'm done with the sad, sorrowful feelings
I'm finally feeling again
And no longer heartbroken...

No comments:

Post a Comment