Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Farewell To Your Love

Love, why do you haunt me so?
Knowing if you show your face
I'll quickly go
Just stay away
Stay away from me
I can't take another hustle of the heart or a heartbreak
But there you go knocking at my door
Expecting me to open my arms and give you my hand
And dance with you on the dance floor
Just turn and walk away from me
I've been let down so many times
I'm damaged goods, don't you see?
My heart, oh my heart, can't take more pain
If I focus on all I have to lose
There are no benefits or anything to gain
I'm perfect being alone
Because I don't have to worry about the lies
And him not answering his phone
And I'm just peachy with the way I look
I look good and stay in shape for me
Not for him making me feel I need to be that girl in the book
I can think for myself
And I have for a very long time
I don't need your sense of direction or to tell me to organize my shelf
Don't you see, I don't need you, I never really did
You just helped me to lose who I am
And I found myself way off the grid
Please just leave, I don't want to be rude
I love to love love, but I can't do it anymore
Not ever in this lifetime, again, with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment