Sunday, May 19, 2013

No Longer Your's

Why are you trying to come back?
Why are you trying to crawl back to me?
I don't understand you
And I don't know what you want
But I'm not going back to you again
Just so you can tell me to leave
You must not understand
You killed my heart and hurt me in the worst way
I honestly thought you had changed
But you just tricked me once more
And you reeled me in
Just to push me away
I'm so damaged now and it's all your fault
I gave you all of me and loved you more than ever
But you slammed the door in my face
Scared the hell out of me
And the life I'd always dreamed would be
With you will never live to see forever
You did all of this to me
Why can't you just let me be?
What is it that you want?
You want me to let you back in
Only to hurt me once again?
I'd be a fool to let you do that to me
So I'm asking you nicely
Just go and let me live my life
Whether I want to drink it all away
Or spend it giving God praise
No longer am I your concern
My life isn't your's, my life is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment