Monday, May 13, 2013

Rapped Up Desires

Let me tell you what I want
Tell you what I need
I need a sweet chocolate brotha that's down for me
He doesn't have to be brown, he can be vanilla bean
Just as long as his eyes are focused on me
He can be a big talker, if his talk's not cheap
Gotta set a good example, say yes and please
Not that south slang talk, love & hip hop's Scrappy
He's gotta have a big heart, cause my love ain't free
But most of all he's gotta be
God's gift just for me.

I don't know how else to say it
But I've been right here before
Had someone walk in my life
Then turn and walk right out the door
I don't have time for those games
I need a man who is mature
Who can pray right, work right and play right
And be the only one he adores

I'm just setting the record straight
I don't want to say it twice
If you try to fool me once
I promise, I won't play nice
This ain't a poker game or black jack
No homie, I ain't throwing dice
I just don't want to get my heart broken

Just be an honest man
And do the best you can
And when times get hard
Believe me, I'll be your biggest fan
Just believe that you can
And trust in the Man
To provide all you need
Even when you forget to ask him to hold onto your hand
Make some reasonable plans
And just give the command
To love you, put a ring on it
And I'll do all that I can

To love you
Cherish you
Not worship and adore you
But be there for you
And care for you
When nobody else will want to
Pray for you
And encourage you
Anytime you need
Because I was made by God
With a purpose
So trust and don't be deceived
Please believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment