Thursday, July 18, 2013

Confused love...

I should've looked closer
Many years ago
I should've tried to get to know you
But I just didn't know
That you had a thing for me
Why didn't you say so?
If you would've just stepped to me
I wouldn't be writing this note

So, I guess I have you to thank
For my inspiration
Being in your presence
Builds on all of this anticipation
To know what it's like
When we kiss....the sensation
The way you flirt with me
You should get a standing ovation

Speaking of flirtation
I love the way you touch me
The way you look into my eyes
Like you're so endearing
The way you invite me to lay with you
As you open a book and read to me
The way you hug me and kiss me
Like I'm your everything

It's so incredible
Because I've loved before
At least I thought I had
Until you walked through the door
In comparison to others
You're far from a bore
And you always leave me
Wanting, craving and anticipating more

My heart has been shocked
And brought back to life
I'd love to be with you
Just not quite yet husband and wife
Although you'll make a great husband
On the day your knot's tied
And I'll be an amazing wife again
When the timing is right

But what I'd like to do
Is love you right here
I'll call you "my honey"
And you'll call me "my dear"
To touch you whenever I want
Whenever you're near
To define what this is
And make it very clear

But truth be told
I would love whatever
Even if it's just friends
Yet, we walk and hold hands together
To just hang out with you
And do whatever
Or just cuddle with you
Throughout the stormy weather

That's how bad I've got it
I got it bad for you
I know what I want
But don't want to force you to choose
I do want to win
But I definitely don't want to lose
God, help me, if You will
I'm so confused

I don't know what to do....


No comments:

Post a Comment