Saturday, July 27, 2013

Heartbreak Hotel

Heartbreak hotel
Is this what it feels like?
With a smile on my face
But hurting on the inside
I have nobody else to blame
Except for myself
For doing inappropriate things
That are bad for my health
But I couldn't help it, you were there
And I was attracted to you
You captured my heart
By the things you would do
I wanted you for me
As selfish as it seems
But we all have desires
Hopes, wishes, thoughts and dreams
But mine are sailing away
Right before my very eyes
But with the things that we did
Should I really be surprised?
Daddy always taught me
There'd be days like this
But I never imagined heartache
On top of free flowing bliss
I did this to myself
Because I gave it away
But it was so good at the time
Yes, was all I could say
And now my flesh burns for more
As my heart is on the floor
Crushed and bleeding overwhelmingly
In worse shape than before
But I know I knew better
I had learned the lesson
That you can't do dirty things
Then try to count your blessin'
Man, why this? Why now?
How could I do this to me?
Living dangerously in love
Or just living dangerously
I got caught up into this
I got caught up into you
I got caught up in love
And now there's nothing I can do
And I feel like a fool
Because you said no
I'm crying a bucket of tears
And my feelings are broke
Feeling just like a joke
Feeling trapped in a prison cell
It's the worst feeling in the world
Living in heartbreak hotel...

No comments:

Post a Comment