Monday, April 15, 2013

A letter to the kid....

The love of my life
My life's greatest joy
Began with the birth
Of a perfect little boy
He makes me smile
He makes me cry
And he knows he annoys me
Whenever he asks why
But his smile is contagious
I can't help but laugh too
And we laugh even harder
When there's nothing to do
He reminds me so much of me
He is so ambitious
He works so hard
And eats so nutritious
And he's so darn smart
Maybe even smarter than me
And he's growing so fast
He's almost taller than me
We're in the trenches now
Those pre-teen years
We've gained an attitude
And we've shed some tears
I love you with everything
Even so
In the years to come
You'll continue to grow
You don't know yet
How great you'll be
But I know one day
We'll both be able to see
You'll be a strong godly man
With love in his heart
With a smart work ethic
And a career to start
You'll talk often with The Lord
He knows you by name
And you'll teach your children
To do the same
You'll make a wonderful husband
And love your wife
And because you know The Lord
You'll love her right
Yes, you'll be that great man
I've trained you to be
Yes, you have a bright future
You just wouldn't believe.

P.S.
Trust in The Lord
He'll be your guide
When you want to make bad decisions
He'll make you wise.

Love, your mama
This one's from me
You'll always be my boy
And your mommy, I'll always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment