Wednesday, April 17, 2013

All The Things I Couldn't Say

There're so many things I want to say
But the opportunity doesn't exist
And it's probably good that it doesn't 
Because if I saw you just once
I know I wouldn't be able to resist
I'm so mad that I feel this way
Because I was trying so hard not to get attached
But you hooked me quick
Yep you hooked me good
And now I'm forcing myself to detach

Because the things I want to say
Would never come out the way
That I need them to right now
So I stay away
That way I won't see your face
And I hope you get the message, somehow.

I grew familiar with you so fast
And it caught me off guard
I had planned a life with you
Had already given my heart to you
Which is why it makes this so hard
I had a hard time trusting people
But I let you in
And maybe that was the problem
Because I saw things I didn't like
And that's where the lies and untruths begin

Now the things I want to say
Would never come out the way
That I need them to right now
So I stay away
That way I won't see your face
And I hope you get the message, somehow.

You don't even know the things I know
Like how you lied to me
I saw her awards on the wall
And her pink panties on the floor
But yet you still expect me to believe
I just can't play this game anymore
Because what you give me just isn't true
And there are still so many things I want to say
Things with you, I'll never be able to do
But worst of all, you'll never know that I loved you.

Yes, there were things I wanted to say
But they would've never come out the way
That I would have ever needed them to, now
So I'll stay far away
That way you won't see the tears on my face
And I hope you get the message, somehow....

No comments:

Post a Comment