Monday, April 22, 2013

Just Friends

When I look into your eyes
I feel so safe
And I long for your touch
Your handsome face
To bring me comfort
In an unfamiliar place
And yet we're here in this place
Though you smile at me
I want you to take the first step
And come after me
So we can both feel
Like we're finally free
To love again
And baby, just be
But I'm just afraid
That when you look into my eyes, you don't see me
It's not just other women
But you're distracted by so many things
Like how to be around me
Without catching feelings
But I'll be the first to say, that's hard to do
To be around me without attaching strings.
I know there's something there
I can feel it in my soul
Don't you see my true beauty?
For you to see it, is my goal
It's just hard to swallow
To know the reality of my role
I want this madness to end...
I can no longer take that we're just friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment