Saturday, September 7, 2013

Don't Beg

Please don't look back now
Don't say you miss me
Don't call me beautiful
Just let me be
Don't do this again
I just want to be free
From you and all of the craziness
Remember, you told me to leave
To be apart is what you wanted
Or maybe now you're beginning to see
That you made a huge mistake
When you decided to leave our family...

Please don't contact me
And don't call me late nights
When you ruined our family
You gave up those rights
Just to think about all you put me through
All those unforgetful fights
I was in the dark then
But I finally turned on the lights
And got myself together
Convinced now that I wasn't your type
Because I was a stand up chick
And didn't fit into your street life

Please just stop where you are
Because, honestly, I don't love you anymore
I left our love that night
When I slammed the door
And I'm not going back on my word
That I wasn't coming back anymore
I experienced late nights alone
Crying to myself on the floor
Because the man I had given everything to
Hurt me to the core
And I'm on my way to discovering
All that this life has in store

And please don't get mad at my words
What did you really expect?
Did you just expect me to crawl back?
Even after the ultimate disrespect?
I loved you more than anybody
And you treated me like a reject
I came to terms that I wasted ten years
But I'm done with that project
I'm not trying to hurt or tear you down
I'm just trying to be direct
So, please just don't come at me like this again
And seriously, please don't beg.

I meant it when I said, "I'm done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment