Saturday, September 7, 2013

No love lost...

Man, I miss you badly
And it's only you that I miss
I'm sitting in heavy traffic
And my mind reminisces on our first kiss
But I don't even recognize you these days
Because all I'm getting from you is dis-
Respect for being a friend to you first
And I can't even lie
The stuff really hurts
For you to not even recognize it
Is what makes the pain worse
We had some good times
But I know this is not what I deserve...

Man, I liked you badly
Even thought you might've been the one
But the vibes I'm getting from you
Feels like a one and done
As much as I tried to hang on
In a blink of an eye, the thrill was gone
And it just doesn't feel right
Because I know there's something there
But I refuse to keep torturing myself night after night
With the thought of those sweet times together
A huge part of me just wants to fight
For you, because you mean a lot to me
But right now you just seem out of sight...

Man, I had it for you badly
We just had so much fun
You were so sweet and made me laugh
Which is why I'm so stunned
I never thought it would be like this
But truthfully, I'd rather just stay gone
If this is what it's going to cost
My heart...she just can't play this game
As much as I try to act like a boss
I'm still a soft, emotional woman
And I just can't take being tossed
So, know that even though my heart is broken
There's no love lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment