Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm Sorry...

I don't know what I did
But I'm sorry
You don't know how much I cared
And I'm sorry
We were first friends
Then became lovers
Then you disappeared
Like you're undercover
But I think it's unfair
That you're mad at me now
You say I hurt you greatly
But you won't tell me how
I'm confused
Because I thought I was charming
I loved you
And now I'm saying that I'm sorry
I can only think of
A handful of things I did
But I don't think they're worth
You treating me like you did
If it was something that I said
Please get it out of your head
And tell me
So we can make up instead
Don't take it too serious
If it was something that I wrote
Free expression is just for fun
It's the one thing that I'm good at and know
If it was something that I promised
And that promise wasn't kept
Just let me know
So we can stop going left
I don't know what else to ask
This is new ground for me
Just know I loved you
And I wanted you definitely
but let's be real for a second
You said we were only just friends
And you wouldn't commit
Because you had other friends
I remember you said that to me
And that really freakin hurt
You said you cared
I felt you didn't see my worth
But I just kept going
And I understood completely
Because I was newly single
Trying to find me
But we are two different people
And feel different about things
You were the first I fell for
After I lost my rings
You crushed me bad, when you ignored me
And I really just can't believe
That you won't tell me
Why your heart is so grieved
What I thought was important
Was that we were friends
And we'd be honest with each other
No matter the circumstance
Well let me be honest
Once and for all
Please just listen
And don't stall
You were a great friend to me, although you hurt me in between
But I wouldn't let it come between me and you
But what's going on here, has me torn up into tears
Because I was catching feelings and loved you
I loved everything you did
Accept the fact you couldn't commit
Had even imagined in the future
You meeting my kids
But what saddens me so much
Is what you're keeping from me
You said I hurt you bad
But you won't even tell me
But you're always saying
That I can only be me
And if that's true
Then maybe I should just leave
Because if you can't tell me the truth
After feeling so bad
I just can't imagine
The kind of love we'd have
But for the record
I think it's unfair
For you to be so upset
But won't allow me to clear the air
But know that I really loved you
As much as life
And you hurt me badly too
Being cold as ice
But I'll say it, I'm sorry
Not just so I can have you back
But just because
I know I hurt you so bad
Sometime in your life
I hope you choose to forgive me
Because I admit
That I can only be me
BMH, I don't know what I did
But I'm sorry
And I'll continue to care
Even if you never accept my, "I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment