Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Hard Let Down

I fell in love hard
And now I'm slipping away
To my dismay
Because I think of you night and day
And yet my heart is decaying
You've made me so afraid
Because every time I think you love me
You show me you feel another way.

I'm headed for a breakdown
Because you keep on butchering me
Just the moment I thought your love was free
My heart gets a chill from the fee
Oh, God, why is this happennig to me?
I truly thought you were my dream
But I never expected this from you
So, I guess this dream wasn't meant to be.

My lonely heart cries out for you
I just knew you were the one
Now I just look dumb
Because I can't even recall where you came from
Did you just come into my life for fun?
And now you're deciding to be done?
Wow, you've hurt me in the worst way
Completely stunned.

You said you never meant to hurt me
But I just don't believe that's true
Because this whole time you only chose you
Why did you do what you do?
Charming one minute and the next crude
You left my heart completely bruised
My only regret in the exchange
Is that I fell madly in love with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment